Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Homemade Facemasks!


Earlier, I was having a look through my memory box and I found a face mask recipe written by my mum in 1986.  I decided to try it out and it worked wonders on my sometimes dry skin.  It left my face feeling really soft, cleansed and fresh! I love making homemade face masks as they're a really cheap way to cleanse skin without paying ridiculous amounts! I also quite enjoyed doing it!
What you will need:
A little clear honey
An egg yolk
Enough oatmeal to make a creamy paste (about 1 handful)

First mix the honey and egg yolk until smooth.


Next gradually add the oatmeal and mix. Just keep adding the oatmeal until you get a creamy paste. About this consistency...



Gently apply to your face, it sticks better when you're lying down so dont panic if it keeps falling off whilst you are applying it! Now just relax for 20 minutes or so, pop in some headphones or watch some telly and let the mask work its magic!

When the 20 minutes are up gently rinse of the mask with luke warm water and voila- your face should feel really cleansed and fresh!

Think this is a weird combination of ingredients? So did I, so I did a little research to try and find out why these ingredients were so good for my skin...
'Honey is an antibacterial so it reduces pimples.
'Oatmeal softens your skin, relieves dryness and itching. it also has anti-inflammatory properties and scrubbing this against your face is a good and gentle way to remove dead skin cells'
'The eggyolk is a natural facelift, reducing wrinkles and clearing the skin - it has lysozymes which has skin clearing qualities'

So there you go! I hope this works for you and you have fun trying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment