My top 10 very basic make-up tips!
1. Always apply moisturiser as a base for makeup application- foundation will go on more smoothly if the skin is kept well-hydrated.
2. Do not pump the mascara wand in and out of the bottle as this pushes air into the bottle which will make the mascara dry out faster- this causes clumping and flaking.
3. The fuller your brows, the younger you look! You still want to shape your brows but be careful with the tweezers! I'd suggest getting them waxed by a professional so you can get a great shape then doing it yourself from there, just plucking the odd hair to keep them in shape!
4. Never fill in brows with a black pencil- unless you want them to end up looking like slugs. Even if you have very dark hair, still stick to a dark brown pencil!
5. If you feel as though you don't have flawless skin please don't be tempted to cake foundation onto your face. Instead apply a thin even base of foundation then apply concealer to any blemishes- this will help your skin avoid the risk of a thick mask of foundation but still covering up any blemishes.
6. If you are looking for makeup brushes I strongly recommend real techniques. They are affordable and are such great quality All of the Real Techniques Brushes feature ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles, which mean they are 100% cruelty-free.
7. Clean your brushes regularly to get rid of bacteria, dirt and debris, dead skin cells, oil and old Makeup.
8. When applying liquid eyeliner hold the eyelid so it is taut then apply in short, quick lines, connecting them rather than doing one full line. If you are just learning and the application is a little messy add a little eyeshadow to help cover up any mistakes- I did this until I got the hang if it.
9. When using bronzer you want a shade that is not too dark and strong . It should only be 2 tones darker than your skin tone.
10. Finally just keep on top of your skin! Make sure you're not caking foundation on when it is not necessary, also own a face wash that is the right one for you, wash your face and moisturise twice a day, always remove makeup at night and my top tip for getting rid of spots is sleeping with sudocream applied over the spots! It works every-time!